Friday 12 November 2010

My Super Spoilt Sixteenth.

I was watching this episode of "My Super Sweet 16" on MTV UK and there was this 15 ("going on 16, going on 17" or however the song goes) year old boy in a limo who was on his way to some swanky music studio. He was saying how hot Rihanna is right now so she would be perfect for him to ask to be his "princess".


I was thinking to myself "This 15 year old boy ("going on 16, going on 17" or however the song may go) can't possibly mean THE Rihanna? Not thigh shimmying, booty shaking, rude boy riding under an umbrella, ella, ella Rihanna? But it was that Rihanna! The very same!


So this youth goes into a room and there sits Rihanna, acting surprised that cameras and a minor have walked into a room to see her. The boy sits next to her, all faux doe eyed innocence when the reality is that Rihanna probably has two goons with guns at her head just out of the camera shot. He asks Rihanna, a grown woman, to be his date (or "princess") to his party. She pauses.... then graciously accepts his invitation along with his gift to her: a £7,000 watch. If that's not worth his first blowee as the clock strikes midnight I don't know what is.

It disappointed me, how easily these people who seem unapproachable can be brought. I wondered to myself what would happen if Stewie Griffin rang Rihanna up in some skit on Family Guy:


Stewie: "Heyyyy Ri-Ri, It's Stew-ie on line 3 how you doin'? Great, great. So I was just chillin' at my pad thinkin' how my super sweet 2nd birthday is coming up and I was wondering if you'd be my princess to my shindig on Saturday night? *pause* You would?! Hey baby, I brought you a present too. It's a watch I brought from a market in England. It has a delightful little monkey on it dressed as a pirate and says 'Paul Franc' on the back. Apparently he's big over there, although I heard they don't like the French. Anyway I'm waffling. See you on Saturday sexy. Wear that nice outfit from the 'Rude Boy' video; it really gets Rupert going. He's a bit of a rude boy. I think you would like him." *cuts the call and licks the phone* "Yeah, that's the stuff."

I wish Rihanna had come to my 16th party. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment