Thursday 11 November 2010

A* for Anarchy.

What can I say about today except that it is pissing it down, is bloody miserable and I am full of cold. This is (obviously) the start of a new blog to help me write daily (or as often as I can be arsed... but I will try) and help keep me sane while I am on the dole.

Christ. It's like a monsoon outside. The rain is going sideways and everything like on the Truman show. It looks like a weakly budgeted 70's film set on a ship, except without a ship because it is the view outside my window... which is outside my house. So no sea or ship or set is involved whatsoever; thus the word "like" was incredibly relevant. There is also a tree outside my window. Trees aren't out at sea. Although if they were it would be very helpful to sailors thrown overboard. "Help, help I are drownin'! O' look thar be a tree." *CLING*.

So I'm watching the news and tens of thousands of students and anarchists are smashing windows and kicking in windows and starting fires and kicking in fires. Strike the last one from the record. I'm surprised the police weren't kicking everyone in but the yellow coated people with helmets to scruffy little shit people ratio was massively unfair on the police's side.

                                                       Mmm, pie.

When at first I saw the throngs of people heaving through the streets I thought to myself "I would like to be part of that. Sticking it to the man and so on. Bit of history to tell the Grand kid's I was there." but sadly I don't even have a pound to buy a poppy let alone a fiver to get a train ticket. Got all out of hand anyway. I'd have been the unlucky one getting a fire extinguisher to the head.

Personally I'm quite bewildered about it all. I mean, I went to University from 2006 - 2009 and I left with a fee of twenty eight grand. Needed a nice, big vodka and coke after seeing that I tell you! Back then it was 3 grand a year. So if the fee goes up to £9,000 and the working class youths go, then that is £27,000 before you even put in the £8,000 a year maintenance loan. I keep hearing that graduates will leave with a fee of around 30 grand. That is an out and out lie. It will be more like 50. Yep, £50,000 to go to uni. Thanks Dave and Nick; you massive twats.




                            Students Held Hostage by Debt Shocker!

I think it is a huge, huge shame. People who never went to university, for whatever reason, always seem to frown upon this life changing opportunity that other people choose to do. They say "They just get pissed all the time!" or "They do Mickey Mouse courses!" etc. etc. What these people don't understand is that MOST people go to university to be able to enhance their skills and knowledge of their PASSIONS. And what? Now that there is less money in Britain people from less wealthy families can't have the opportunity to embrace their dreams? It's stupid!



                 Embrace Mickey Mouse! Walt Disney did and made a mint!

Fair enough. Students in their first year do get drunk. They do waste all their money on idiotic, wasteful things and they do make mistakes. But that is life. That is growing up. The first year at university is a practice year. It is in the 2nd and 3rd year that things get tough and students must knuckle down, and if you don't you must suffer the shame of repeating a year while all of your friends move on and graduate without you. It happened to friends of mine. Some even quit. University isn't for everyone but for the people who want to be there to improve their opportunities and grow in maturity and independence they should be allowed to go! If David Cameron can pay for a stylist to keep his wife looking glam for 60k a year in these hard and dark times then he can bloody well keep university fees down to £3,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment