Tuesday 16 November 2010

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

This is a melodramatic journal entry I wrote on my computer while I was left alone in the house over night:


I am on my computer at 3.33 for the simple fact that I am alone in my house and there are weird noises upstairs. Not weird as in pleasantly quirky or obnoxiously zany. No. I mean weird like.... paranormal weird / gravity defying burglar weird / aliens that can jump really high, get on my roof and climb through the attic window weird.


I hate being on my own. More so after Alicia came home two days ago with a raging temperature and about three pints of snot escaping her cute little comma shaped nostrils every hour. She was all "Hold me please, I feel cold. Kiss my forehead and make me feel better." which was just unbelievably selfish. There's me, average body temperature, spooning the human embodiment of a boiled lobster until the lobster turns to breathe in my face, snorting and coughing and wishing for affection and kisses. There was no chance for little me. None at all. I hope she realised that as she went off to Leeds this weekend, leaving me in a pool of my own nasal body fluids.



Fucks sake. I should never have watched Paranormal Activity. My mind is now working over time, making my already battered immune system even more strained as my heart races at the thought of some hooved demon in my bedroom looking at some non existing photo of me as a troubled and stalked psychic child. What if it comes down, drags me off the sofa and bites me really hard? What the hell would you do in that sort of situation? It never came up at school did it?

I am frightened. 

Hurry daylight, my only friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment